Search This Blog

Saved By Grace Alone

We hope you are encouraged by what you read here.

Followers

Monday, March 17, 2008

Before You Get Mad At The Weatherman

I am posting a little on the lighter side tonight...We were supposed to get this torrential downpour of rain today in Oklahoma. It barely rained. We were told flooding was likely. It barely rained. Our weathermen have gotten a lot wrong over the past several months. We were told we would get up to 10 inches of snow...we got 1/2 inch or less. It goes on and on. I was thinking about it today as clouds without water hung over my head most of the day...I was tempted to complain about our weather men and how they go overboard and get everyone overly excited too often. But then it hit me...Do I believe God hears prayer?

I actually pray that these things won't happen from time to time. I prayed God would spare our community from flooding. I prayed God would keep our roads safe for us from ice and snow. Is it possible that all the signs were pointing to flooding and blizzard conditions and God chose to answer the prayers of some of His people who were asking for mercy from these storms?

Our weathermen here in Oklahoma are dramatic, but they have saved many lives by being on top of things. I live in tornado alley and I have seen how they have covered storms in such a way as to make us aware of what we need to do. So I think I am going to thank God for "changing the weather" rather than blaming the weathermen who are only trying to help people. After all, they do not control the weather. Thank you Lord God of the heavens and the earth and the weather, for giving rain and holding it back. And thank you for weathermen who give their best efforts to inform us on the conditions and the possibilities due to those conditions so that we can know how to pray. Amen.